UPPER FRASER VALLEY
A.A. CORRECTIONS WORKING GROUP
December 18th, 2018
This Corrections Working Group has been meeting for six months now and is being supported by the four Districts of: 39 (Abbotsford) – 43 (Langley) – 44 (Mission) – 45 (Chilliwack).
These Districts have eight of the nine Federal Institutions and one Provincial Jail in BC/Yukon Area 79. Each Institute has between one and two meetings a week (with an average of 8 – 12 people in attendance) and is in need of support from those of us on the outside!
We are putting on an A.A. Corrections Round Up called “SECONDS & INCHES” on March 23rd in Abbotsford which will run from 10 AM – 8:30 PM. The cost is $15.00 and includes Dinner. We have two Main Speakers, an Al-Anon Speaker, Panel Discussions which will include some Inside Speakers and a Trivia Quiz. Please see the attached Poster (pdf).
How can those of us on the outside be of assistance?
1. We can volunteer to go in to the many Jail meetings.
Provincial Institutes take about two weeks to get clearance
Federal Institutes take about three months. You will receive a “Reliability Status” that is good for ten years. This is for both Men and Women who are incarcerated.
Our District Correction Chairs will gladly help you with the process and any questions that you may have.
2. Corrections Correspondence Service allows us to be a pen pal to someone with long term incarceration (from the other side of Canada)
3. We can volunteer for the Pre-Release (Bridging the Gap) Program to meet people upon their release (at the gate, plane, train, boat or bus) and take them to their first couple of meetings.
4. Consider attending our UFV A.A. Corrections Working Group meetings (once a month) and be a part of the “think tank process” to better fulfill our primary purpose of reaching out to the still suffering alcoholic in our many Correctional Facilities
a. Our next meeting is 7 PM January 2nd in Chilliwack
b. We are planning our February meeting to be in Abbotsford at the Level Ground Church where we are having our Corrections Round Up. Date yet to be decided.
Upcoming Correction’s opportunities:
Mountain Social Event May 3rd,2019
• Please let Clifford T. know of your interest at least one month before at: email@example.com
• Our 2018 Mountain Social saw 17 outside and 39 inside attendees
• We are hoping to have four Social Events at this Institute in 2019
Kwikwexwelhp Round Up & BBQ in the Longhouse (is in the planning stages) for September 2019
Yours in love and service, Clifford T.
2018-2019 AA District 39’s New Years Celebration
Monday December 31st, 2018
Rotary Stadium Legacy Sports Building 32470 Haida Drive – Abbotsford BC
Tickets $20.00, Children 12 & Under Free
For More Information Please Contact Us Paige 604 615 6264 or Peter 604 897-3470
2018 AA District 39’s Third Annual CPC/PI Luncheon
Friday December 14th, 2018
Abbotsford Arts Centre 3229 Cresent Way, Beside Abby Secondary – Abbotsford BC
For More Information Please Contact Us At 604 615 6264 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know of any upcoming A.A. events in Abbotsford, please contact us: